Data Center News
The latest Data Center news in the Critical Facilities Industry!
- AI Means More Data Centers, But It Can Also Make Them More Efficient 28 SeptemberData center providers have been slow to adopt artificial intelligence solutions to make their facilities more efficient, even as AI creates a boom in demand for their product, but experts say that is beginning to change.
- Data Center Firm AirTrunk Considering $6B IPO 26 SeptemberData center provider AirTrunk is weighing a potential initial public offering that would value the company at $6.4B. The Australian data center firm, backed by Macquarie Asset Management and PSP Investments, sent a request for proposals to seven banks...
- Big Tech Data Centers Are Booming In The Rockies, But Not In Denver 21 SeptemberDenver has the potential to be a major data center hub, but tax incentives in nearby states have Big Tech building elsewhere.
- Sears' Longtime HQ In Hoffman Estates Sells For $194M To Data Center Developer 18 SeptemberSears finalized the sale of its 197-acre Chicago-area headquarters for $194M to Compass Datacenters as the onetime retail industry titan continues to shrink its already-small footprint. The developer is expected to demolish the 2.4M SF existing campus...
- Sabey Planning $950M Data Center Campus In Emerging Oregon Market 18 SeptemberSabey Data Centers has purchased 60 acres for a major new data center campus along Oregon's Columbia River, an emerging submarket that has drawn the attention of Amazon and Google.
- AI Is Making Data Centers Thirsty 14 SeptemberThe artificial intelligence boom isn't only putting pressure on data centers' power usage, it's also forcing them to consume millions of gallons of additional water.
- How Structural Ceiling Systems Can Make Existing And Future Data Center Designs More Energy-Efficient 11 SeptemberFrom streaming our favorite television shows to storing sensitive data in the cloud, data centers have become essential to our daily lives. However, with the higher demand for data centers, there needs to be more flexibility in not only how they’re...
- Educational Advocacy 29 SeptemberOriginally posted on Nomad Futurist On this episode, Nabeel and Phil are joined by Lee Smith, Data Center Consultant and Education Ambassador for the Nomad Futurist Foundation. Lee has over 30 years of digital infrastructure industry experience and is an accomplished international data center consultant, covering planning, strategy, design, and operations. During the last 15 years, […]Julia Terlizzi
- Ehvert Mission Critical to Sponsor infra/STRUCTURE Summit 2023 28 SeptemberSupporting the infra/STRUCTURE 2023 Summit with only days away, is Ehvert Mission Critical, a distinguished engineering firm specializing in a range of cutting-edge services. Their significant involvement as a Silver Level sponsor, unique focus on data centers and expanding regional presence make them an exciting attendee at this year’s event. Read on to learn more […]Julia Terlizzi
- Empire Access to Complete High-Speed Fiber Internet Expansion in Scranton, Pennsylvania 28 SeptemberIn an era when internet connectivity has become an essential part of our daily lives, Empire Access, named the fastest internet provider in the Northeast by PCMag, is taking significant strides to ensure that communities across Northern Pennsylvania and New York’s Southern Tier have access to reliable high-speed internet. Recently, the company celebrated a groundbreaking […]Julia Terlizzi
- Unveiling the Power of Dark Fiber for AI and ML 28 SeptemberIn an era where Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) are not just buzzwords but essential drivers of innovation, the infrastructure that supports these advanced technologies is often overlooked. Yet, it’s this very infrastructure that determines the efficiency, speed, and security of AI/ML applications. Enter dark fiber—a hidden gem in the realm of network […]Julia Terlizzi
- STACK Infrastructure to Sponsor infra/STRUCTURE Summit 2023 27 SeptemberWith only a few days left until the highly-anticipated infra/STRUCTURE 2023 Summit begins, the spotlight turns to the influential participants who will shape the event’s crucial discussions. Among them stands STACK Infrastructure, an industry sponsor poised to play a significant role in this transformative gathering. About Stack Infrastructure STACK provides digital infrastructure to scale the […]Julia Terlizzi