September is one of the best months of the year to take advantage of both in person events and more frequently these days online digital presentations. Any company looking to grow their reach needs to take advantage of these opportunities. Summer is over, kids are back to school and business people are dialed back in
Data Center 411
Knowledge is Power! Current Data Center News, Events and Blogs
PKAZA had a great time attending the 2021 Spring Mission Critical Facilities Conference. You can read more about it here: https://conferences.7x24exchange.org/spring2021/ Some pictures of the even below.
Here is a list of skills needed for a data center business development manager arranged by top recruiters near you Business development managers are often considered to be the backbone of every data center. They have a lot of responsibilities that contribute to the successful and efficient functioning of any data center. In order to
Here are series of factors that you must check before going to any recruiting agency. Whenever you are looking to apply for a job in an environment that is highly competitive, there is a great chance that the hiring manager may not even see your resume. That is why it is crucial that you avail
IT experts explain what are data centers and what their importance is in modern life. There are plenty of people out there that have never heard of data centers and have no idea about the kind of work that is done there. Simply put, a data center is a physical facility where multiple organizations from
Can you imagine being stuck in your home for over twelve months without the internet working during the Pandemic? It should be no surprise to see the massive influx of demand of the data center industry. To say the Pandemic of 2020 changed the world is an understatement. The Silver Lining is that for the
- The Design Horizon: Differentiating Your Data Center with Scalable Cooling InfrastructureTo meet your density outlook and stay flexible, what kind of precision cooling system can support your need to maximize server space, minimize low pressure areas, reduce costs, and reduce requirements? Eric Jensen of Data Aire explores how a scalable, flexible and efficient cooling infrastructure can meet density needs.Voices of the Industry
- Mega-Deals by Meta, TikTok Boost Data Center Leasing in 2021Social networks had a big appetite for server space in 2021, as large leases by Meta, TikTok and Twitter made it another blockbuster year for U.S. data center developers, according to a new report from North American Data Centers.Rich Miller
- Power Infrastructure and Tax Incentives Drive Dallas Data Center MarketOnce considered an advantage, Texas' electric power system may impact data center growth in Dallas in light of the 2021 winter storm outages. A new DCF special report courtesy of Digital Realty examines the business environment for data centers in the Dallas area.Rich Miller
- New Meta Supercomputer Boosts Power for AI Workloads, Future MetaverseMeta has built a new supercomputer that will likely become the fastest AI system in the world when it is completed later this year, the company said today. Meta says the system will boost its AI capabilities and vision for a future digital metaverse.Rich Miller
- Metaverse Platform Roblox Adds Data Center to Address 73-Hour OutageGaming and metaverse platform Roblox is expanding its infrastructure to address a 73-hour outage in October that left its 50 million daily users offline. The outage highlights the growing focus on infrastructure complexity and uptime.Rich Miller
- Three Consideration for Planning Your Data Center DesignProper cable management isn’t an option—it’s a necessity. And it should be planned ahead of time. Shad Sechrist of Belden, presents three considerations for data center design - which is never black and white.Voices of the Industry
- Intel Will Build $20 Billion Chip Factory in Ohio Cloud ClusterIntel will invest $20 billion to create two cutting-edge chip factories in New Albany, Ohio next to a cluster of hyperscale data centers, including large cloud campuses for Facebook, Google and Amazon Web Services.Rich Miller
- Data Center of the Future: Equinix Test-Drives New Power, Cooling SolutionsEquinix has created a Co-Innovation Facility (CIF) in Ashburn where it operates liquid-cooled servers supported by fuel cells, sodium-ion batteries and intelligent power management. The facility is part of Equinix’s Data Center of the Future initiative to test-drive new technology.Rich Miller
- Data Centers Must Rethink Interconnection in Order to EvolveData centers must evolve to become points of connectivity between cloud servers, endpoint devices and partner ecosystems. A new DCF special report courtesy of DataBank shares shared the organization's perspective on what will be the hub of the near-term future of software-driven IT infrastructure.Paul Gillin
- DataBank Buying 4 Houston Data Centers From CyrusOne for $670 MillionDataBank has agreed to purchase four data centers in Houston from CyrusOne for $670 million, the company said today. The divestiture of assets comes as CyrusOne prepares for its planned $15 billion acquisition by KKR and Global Infrastructure Partners.Rich Miller
The Certified Mission Critical Operator program was created to meet the growing need for qualified operators to maintain today’s complex data centers. Experienced Mission Critical Operators from major corporations created the blueprint via a grant from the US Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. For excellence in operating a Mission Critical data center, you can count on a Certified Mission Critical Operator (CMCO).
DCPRO is a wholly owned subsidiary of DatacenterDynamics, the industry's most influential media and events brand. DC Professional Ltd. was formed in 2011 to service the professional development needs of the rapidly evolving mission critical IT infrastructure industry. They have provided classroom training to more than 12,000 students around the world - in many languages - through its network of expert instructors, and has delivered more than 15,000 modules of online training.
Uptime Institute aligns their data center education and training programs along three tracks, focused on data center design, management and operations. Uptime Institute teaches courses in over 30 cities worldwide, providing you a convenient opportunity to join an alumni network of over 3000 graduates around the world and take your data center education to the next level. Uptime Institute has earned CPD Accreditation through The CPD Standards Office. Taking Uptime Institute Accredited Training Courses qualifies as continuing education credits.
The Marist College Institute for Data Center Professionals (IDCP) was founded in 2004 with support and funding from the National Science Foundation. In partnership with professional, industry and governmental organizations, the IDCP has been providing individuals and corporate teams with skills-based education and credentialing supporting the data center and enterprise computing environments of the future.
@ International https://www.internationaldatacenterday.org/
@ Atlanta, GA, TBD https://www.bisnow.com/events/atlanta/data-center/dice-southeast-7410/
@ Austin Convention Center, TX https://www.datacenterworld.com/
@ Dublin, Ireland https://imasons.org/events/2022-ireland-local-chapter-meeting/
@ Monaco, Europe https://tinyurl.com/yckmk6ms/
@ Marriott Marquis, NYC https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/dcd-connect-live/connect-nyc/2022/
@ Upper Monclair Country Club, NJ https://www.golftournamentconsultant.com/AFCOM
@ Orlando, FL https://www.7x24exchange.org/conferences/
@ Hyatt Regency Santa Clara https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/dcd-connect-live/connect-silicon-valley/2022/