Data Center 411
Knowledge is Power! Current Data Center News, Events and Blogs
Infrastructure Talent Needs For Cutting-Edge Data Centers – Part 2: Insights from industry expert Peter Kazella
This is Part 2 of an interview with Ashley Dunham featured in PANDUIT CONNNECTIONS In the second of our two-part blog series with industry expert Peter Kazella of Pkaza, a 12-year Data Center Facilities recruiter, we discuss what it takes to go live with a newly built data center and what to look out for when
This is an interview with Ashley Dunham featured in PANDUIT CONNNECTIONS As you modernize, upgrade, and invest in your data center, your team needs skilled technicians and leaders if you want to take full advantage of the new trends and technology available to you. Hiring and retaining people who have the skills and experience to
The ideal situation is to be happy with your job and how you make a living. Let’s be honest, at some level, none of us like change. In the perfect world, we enjoy what we do for a living, we like the people we work with and the compensation, benefits and job security that come
The first item to address is the shortage of talented candidates in this industry. The second is the lack of diversity. The third is the lack of direction on how candidates can get into the data center space. You can’t have diversity when there is a shortage of qualified talent. However, you can have diversity
As Critical Facilities Recruiting Specialists, we have seen a steady trend of military professionals transitioning into the data center facilities market and making immediate and long-term impacts. The folks we have worked with out of the military include specialists such as Navy Nuclear Electricians, Navy Nuclear Machinist Mates, Air Force Power Production, and Army Power
Data Center Construction Projects – Experienced Pros in High Demand Anyone with their pulse on the data center market knows not a week goes by without an announcement about some new data center building project. The titans of tech continue their hyper scale site buildouts all across the country. In addition, there are Data Center
- American Real Estate Acquires Site in Ashburn’s Data Center AlleyAmerican Real Estate Partners (AREP) has teamed with investor Harrison Street to acquire a piece of prime real estate in Ashburn's "Data Center Alley" where it plans to build a 265,000 square foot data center.Rich Miller
- Dataverse Growth Requires Sustainable Data SolutionsDamien Gaynor, Chief Marketing Officer from Echelon Data Centres, explores the dataverse and how its growth requires sustainable data solutions.Voices of the Industry
- The Sustainability Imperative: Green Data Centers and Our Cloudy FutureThe data center industry can be a catalyst for action on climate change, advancing sustainability and adoption of renewable energy. Customers are demanding it, and the planet needs it. A Data Center Frontier Special Report series.Rich Miller
- Data Center Leasing Approached 700 Megawatts in 2020Data center customers leased nearly 700 megawatts of IT capacity in 2020, according to a new report from North American Data Centers. That doubled the prior record from 2018, as the COVID-19 pandemic created extraordinary demand.Rich Miller
- The Colossal Future Cloud: Land Deals Hint at Even Larger Data CentersThe cloud needs more real estate. Hyperscale cloud operators are aggressively acquiring real estate, Recent transactions, like Microsoft's purchase of 900 acres in Virginia, suggest that some of these server cities will reach colossal scale.Rich Miller
- Data Center Operators Look to Cooling Strategies for Greater EfficiencyA closer look at data center cooling strategies, including tips on balancing power efficiency and water usage — a process that is unique to each data center and is affected by continual technology change.Paul Gillin
- Strategies for Cloud Service Providers Adapting to Challenging, Demanding EnvironmentIt may seem as if with each year, client demands for Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) are growing at a rapid pace. And a new eBook from the Siemon Company reiterates how in order to be successful, these companies need to be out in front of everything in their managed data center […]Sarah Rubenoff
- Soaring Bitcoin Price Boosts Fortunes of Cryptocurrency Mining FirmsThe soaring price of bitcoin has boosted the fortunes of cryptocurrency miners, who are seeing strong profits amid surging investor interest in digital assets. Today one bitcoin miner announced a $250 million stock sale, while another is adding 47 megawatts of compute capacity.Rich Miller
- Henry Siemon Takes Helm as CEO of The Siemon CompanyHenry Siemon is the new President and CEO of network infrastructure specialist The Siemon Company, succeeding Carl Siemon. He is the fifth generation of family leadership for the company.Rich Miller
- Echelon Sees Green in Wind-Powered Irish Data Center ProjectEchelon Data Centres is bringing integrated renewable energy to its new wind-powered data center project in the Dublin market, one of Europe's most important cloud computing hubs.Rich Miller
The Certified Mission Critical Operator program was created to meet the growing need for qualified operators to maintain today’s complex data centers. Experienced Mission Critical Operators from major corporations created the blueprint via a grant from the US Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. For excellence in operating a Mission Critical data center, you can count on a Certified Mission Critical Operator (CMCO).
DCPRO is a wholly owned subsidiary of DatacenterDynamics, the industry's most influential media and events brand. DC Professional Ltd. was formed in 2011 to service the professional development needs of the rapidly evolving mission critical IT infrastructure industry. They have provided classroom training to more than 12,000 students around the world - in many languages - through its network of expert instructors, and has delivered more than 15,000 modules of online training.
Uptime Institute aligns their data center education and training programs along three tracks, focused on data center design, management and operations. Uptime Institute teaches courses in over 30 cities worldwide, providing you a convenient opportunity to join an alumni network of over 3000 graduates around the world and take your data center education to the next level. Uptime Institute has earned CPD Accreditation through The CPD Standards Office. Taking Uptime Institute Accredited Training Courses qualifies as continuing education credits.
The Marist College Institute for Data Center Professionals (IDCP) was founded in 2004 with support and funding from the National Science Foundation. In partnership with professional, industry and governmental organizations, the IDCP has been providing individuals and corporate teams with skills-based education and credentialing supporting the data center and enterprise computing environments of the future.
@ DCD Webinar Series https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/conferences/datacenter-service/2021
@ Webinar Series https://7x24carolinas.org/
@ Webinar https://tinyurl.com/yypvhl7u/
@ Webinar Series https://www.7x24exchange.org/webinars/february-17-2021-100-pm-et//
@ DCD Webinar Series https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/conferences/netzero/2021
@ DCD Webinar Series https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/conferences/control_automate/2021/>
@ BISNOW Webinar Series https://tinyurl.com/y2q883c9/
@ DCD Webinar Series https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/conferences/edge/2021/
@ JW Marriott, San Antonio https://www.7x24exchange.org/conferences/>