Data Center 411
Knowledge is Power! Current Data Center News, Events and Blogs
Infrastructure Talent Needs For Cutting-Edge Data Centers – Part 2: Insights from industry expert Peter Kazella
This is Part 2 of an interview with Ashley Dunham featured in PANDUIT CONNNECTIONS In the second of our two-part blog series with industry expert Peter Kazella of Pkaza, a 12-year Data Center Facilities recruiter, we discuss what it takes to go live with a newly built data center and what to look out for when
This is an interview with Ashley Dunham featured in PANDUIT CONNNECTIONS As you modernize, upgrade, and invest in your data center, your team needs skilled technicians and leaders if you want to take full advantage of the new trends and technology available to you. Hiring and retaining people who have the skills and experience to
The ideal situation is to be happy with your job and how you make a living. Let’s be honest, at some level, none of us like change. In the perfect world, we enjoy what we do for a living, we like the people we work with and the compensation, benefits and job security that come
The first item to address is the shortage of talented candidates in this industry. The second is the lack of diversity. The third is the lack of direction on how candidates can get into the data center space. You can’t have diversity when there is a shortage of qualified talent. However, you can have diversity
As Critical Facilities Recruiting Specialists, we have seen a steady trend of military professionals transitioning into the data center facilities market and making immediate and long-term impacts. The folks we have worked with out of the military include specialists such as Navy Nuclear Electricians, Navy Nuclear Machinist Mates, Air Force Power Production, and Army Power
Data Center Construction Projects – Experienced Pros in High Demand Anyone with their pulse on the data center market knows not a week goes by without an announcement about some new data center building project. The titans of tech continue their hyper scale site buildouts all across the country. In addition, there are Data Center
- Data Center Site Selection: Know Your Local StakeholdersLocal stakeholders and community members can sometimes be overlooked in data center site selection, but they can be the data center operator’s most important ally. Stack Infrastructure and Data Center Frontier finish up a new special report series.Paul Gillin
- Data Center Sustainability – The Future is Renewable, Efficient and InnovativeDamien Gaynor, Chief Marketing Officer at Echelon Data Centres Limited, explores the future of data center sustainability and what it will take to reach efficiency goals.Voices of the Industry
- EdgePresence Gets $30 Million Strategic Investment from DataBankWith a $30 million strategic investment from DataBank, startup EdgePresence becomes the latest edge computing player to kick its rollout into a higher gear.Rich Miller
- Prime Data Centers Plans Four-Story Project in Santa ClaraWholesale data center developer Prime Data Centers will enter the Silicon Valley market with a project in Santa Clara, the company said this week.Rich Miller
- Goldman Sachs Launches $500 Million Data Center Development PlatformWall Street continues to pour money into the data center sector. Goldman Sachs is investing $500 million to create Global Compute Infrastructure LP, a new data center development platform led by former executives of Digital Realty.Rich Miller
- Azure Space Connects Microsoft Edge Modules to Satellites (Including SpaceX)Microsoft Azure Space will feature satellite broadband from SpaceX Starlink and SES, which will support the Azure Modular Data Center (MDC) to create satellite-connected edge data centers.Doug Mohney
- Microsoft: Your Cloud Data May Soon Be Stored in DNA and HologramsMicrosoft is working on new storage technologies to house massive amounts of data in DNA and holograms. These storage technologies could disrupt how data centers are designed and operate.Rich Miller
- Next-Gen Data Center Management, Powered by Analytics and The CloudWendi Runyon, VP of Strategy and Innovation at Schneider Electric, takes a look at data center management through the lens of analytics and the power of the cloud.Voices of the Industry
- Follow the Network: Connectivity and Data Center Site SelectionData centers require reliable, robust and scalable network connections. These needs should be considered early in the planning process. A new Data Center Frontier report series continues to explore the ins and outs of data center site selection.Paul Gillin
- Data Center Demand: Hyperscale Action is Robust, But Enterprise Buying SlowsMore than 6 months into COVID-19 pandemic, data center demand is bifurcated, with robust buying by hyperscale operators and cloud platforms, and a slowdown in spending by many enterprise users.Rich Miller
The Certified Mission Critical Operator program was created to meet the growing need for qualified operators to maintain today’s complex data centers. Experienced Mission Critical Operators from major corporations created the blueprint via a grant from the US Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. For excellence in operating a Mission Critical data center, you can count on a Certified Mission Critical Operator (CMCO).
DCPRO is a wholly owned subsidiary of DatacenterDynamics, the industry's most influential media and events brand. DC Professional Ltd. was formed in 2011 to service the professional development needs of the rapidly evolving mission critical IT infrastructure industry. They have provided classroom training to more than 12,000 students around the world - in many languages - through its network of expert instructors, and has delivered more than 15,000 modules of online training.
Uptime Institute aligns their data center education and training programs along three tracks, focused on data center design, management and operations. Uptime Institute teaches courses in over 30 cities worldwide, providing you a convenient opportunity to join an alumni network of over 3000 graduates around the world and take your data center education to the next level. Uptime Institute has earned CPD Accreditation through The CPD Standards Office. Taking Uptime Institute Accredited Training Courses qualifies as continuing education credits.
The Marist College Institute for Data Center Professionals (IDCP) was founded in 2004 with support and funding from the National Science Foundation. In partnership with professional, industry and governmental organizations, the IDCP has been providing individuals and corporate teams with skills-based education and credentialing supporting the data center and enterprise computing environments of the future.
@ The Golf Club at Lansdowne https://www.7x24dc.org/event-3856165/
@ Virtual Conference https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/conferences/san-francisco/2020-virtual/
@ Fox Hollow, Lakewood, CO. http://www.7x24lonestar.org/events//
@ Upper Montclair CC, NJ https://www.golftournamentconsultant.com/AFCOM/
@ Chantilly National Golf Club, https://potomacafcom.webstarts.com//
@ Garland Mountain Shooting Course https://7x24exchangeatl.org/events/2020-sporting-clay-event-2//
@ Virtual Conference https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/conferences/Virginia/2020-virtual//
@ Arno Ristorante, NY NY https://7x24exchangemetronychapter25.wildapricot.org/page-18121/
@ Garland Mountain Shooting Course https://7x24exchangetexassouthchapter.wildapricot.org/event-3718706/